Monday, March 25, 2013

Easter Day 1


Easter 2013
 Day 1




5 days until good Friday and I am posting my first Easter post. Here is an over view of this post:

- Our Easter Schedule
- Our little family's Easter Dinner Menu
- Easter Treats my Daughter (5 months old) and I are going to make
- a couple of activity and coloring sheets

We struggle with trying to fit our both sides of our family into Holidays I would assume like everyone else does and our plan for this Easter was to have our family Easter Saturday after we got back from our photoshoot and then our parents houses after church on Sunday but then that would mean Church for 10am my parents house for 1pm and then after that's finished straight to my in-laws but that would make for a REALLY long day for everyone Especially Ella. I was informed yesterday that my husband will be off work on Friday (he isn't always off on holidays so I never know until his employer tells him) so that means if all goes well our Easter Schedule will go something like this

Good Friday
Chart of Natural Easter Egg dye ingredients, from twomenandalittlef...
-Easter Egg hunt with Ella (yes I am going to do an egg hunt with my 5 month old daughter she will probably spot the brightly colored eggs before I do!)

-I will start dinner prep

-Color Easter Eggs Ella will be in a Diaper my husband and I will be in painting cloths. I will Dye the eggs prior with natural dyes. Here is a chart for you.
Then I will make the finger paint out of some of the water from natural Dye the recipe will be below.

-We will watch peter cotton tail and just have a fun family day

Saturday

-We will be doing our Photoshoot (I will post the pictures when I after we are done them)

-Then we will be going to my parents house
  With all of the goodies we made

Easter Sunday

- We will be attending church
    with more goodies

-Then we will be going to my Hubbys parents house for their Easter dinner
  Also with Goodies
Then we will be done for our Easetr events and I will have to focus on a few Birthdays including my Amazing Hubbys. 

Natural finger paint Recipe

2 Cups of water (or your natural food dyes
1 cup of flour OR 1/2 cornstarch 
you can also add a few pinches of sugar or salt I personally dont know the difference 

mix it all together and boil until thick keep stirring so it doesn't clump 
let cool and there you go healthy organic paint !!

                                    Dinner Menu

Colorful Deviled EggsAppetizer: we will be having these beautiful Deviled eggs (I will also be bringing these to my parents and in-laws)


I found these on Pinterest but here is the link to the original page:

http://justimagine-ddoc.com/crafts/crafty-finds-for-your-inspiration/?pid=9634


Salad: My Mamaws famous 7 Layer Salad

Main Dish: Oven Roasted Turkey


Sides: Cream Corn, Southern Green beans (you know the cooked to death with bacon in it kinda green beans), and scalloped potato's

Recipe: Easter Egg Nest Bread with Orange Icing - Recipelink.comwe will also be having an Easter Egg nest bread like this one ------->>


            AND FOR DESERT!!





We will be having a southern banana pudding Trifle like the one below.



    homemade southern banana pudding


Treats we will be making to take to Ellas grand parents and to the Church!!!

Flower sugar cookies for everyone!!

Easter Flower Cookies: Roll a ball of sugar cookie dough in colored sugar. Snip it in half with scissors and then snip each half into three petals. Gently spread the petals apart and lay flat. When you take them out stick an M & M in the center! you take a regular sugar cookie recipe roll the dough into balls and into colorful sugar crystals then snip in half and on each half snip two more times to make 6 petals the spread apart gently and bake for the intended cookie time keeping a close eye on them. Remember they aren't in ball form anymore and probably wont need as long to cook. We are going to be using candy floss flavored sugar from the Old Fashion Confections candy store near us.

We will also be making mini cupcakes, Candy Kabobs for both sides of the family and if I have the time (I still have to make a black and white tutu for Ella for our photoshoot on Sat.) I will be making the egg bread nests for our family's.



































I will leave you with the best Easter Movie of all time!!!



My favorite part is the garden of surprises and the 4th of July Easter eggs what is yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment