Thursday, March 14, 2013

St. Patricks Day. Day 3


St. Patrick's Day 

Day 3

I sort of cheated tonight with the irish meal BUT its still kind of St. Pattys inspired. I have been craving Mc Donalds for a while now and I havent eatin any junk food for months now so on our way back from taking my Brother home we grabbed us some McD's as my Hubby calls it. Your probably thinking that is not St. Pattys inspired AT ALL well while we were ordering I noticed they had "Shamrock Milkshakes" and guess what we got them... well my husband got one I dont like milkshakes but he loves them. I had a little taste of it and it wasn't that bad if I do say so myself it was a sort of minty milkshake. 

Here is a picture of McDonalds advertised Shamrock Shake 



ours didn't look like this AT ALL but it was still really good. 
Here is what ours looked like 


got to love Mc Donalds! 

I have finally started/completed a St. Patricks Day craft!! 
Here is the tutorial I hope you like it <3 

What you will need:


1 1/2 Meters green tulle (for a 5 month old)
10mm thick elastic (length will depend on your childs waste)
scissors 
Puffy decorative Shamrocks (I bought mine at the Dollar store)


First measure the waist and add about an inch extra for the knot 


Tie Knot 


^^ Your elastic should look like this now 


Next you will need to cut your strips of the Tulle the length and width will depend on what you are looking for out of your TuTu I did approximately 1 1/2 inch thick by 1 1/2 feet long (don't forget you will have to fold the strips in half to attach to elastic)


^^ all of the tulle cut into the strips 


After all of your strips are cut fold your strips in half and loop through the elastic to attach the tulle to the elastic. Continue without stretching the elastic to much or you will make the elastic to big for your child. It will stretch slightly so you don't have to worry about it being to small once the tulle is on. 


This is what the TuTu looks like after you add the tulle all the way around. I only bought 1 meter of the light green and made this to longer than I usually do so I ran out and had a little bit of the darker green from a TuTu I made for Christmas so I used about 1/2 a meter to fill in the wholes but you should be good with 1 1/2 meters of tulle for a baby.


Then take Shamrocks and sew them on equal parts away from each other. There you have it a beautiful bright green TuTu for St. Patrick's Day!!

I hope you enjoyed my Tutorial if you have any questions feel free to comment or email me at thesuburbianhousewife@yahoo.ca  





The Legend of the Blarney stone

 The Legend of the Blarney Stone For many centuries, as everyone knows, English monarchs tried to impose their will on Ireland. Queen Elizabeth I, eager to extend the influence of her government, sent a deputy to Cormac MacDermot MacCarthy who was Lord of Blarney and demanded that Cormac take the tenure of his lands from the Crown. Cormac set out to visit the Queen and plead for his traditional right to his land, but he despaired of success for he was not fluent of speech.Shortly after starting his journey, he met an old woman who asked him why he looked so forlorn. He told her his story and she said "Cormac, when Blarney Castle was built, one stone was put into place by a man who predicted no one would ever be able to touch it again. If you can kiss that stone, the gift of eloquence will be conferred upon you."Cormac succeeded in kissing the Blarney Stone and was able to address the Queen with speech so soft and words so fair that as long as he lived he never had to renounce his right to his land.Today kissing the stone endows the kisser with the gift of the gab. In 1446 the Blarney sttone was set into a tower of the castle. The castle is a popular tourist site in Ireland, attracting visitors from all over the world to kiss the Stone and tour the castle and the gardens.

Legend taken from this link:http://www.irishindeed.com/page.htm?pg=BLARNEY%20STONE


Here is a couple of children songs for
 St. Patrick's day 










^^ This one is my all time fave!



^^ this one is my second Fave!

Tomorrow I think I might have some bangers and Mash for lunch and maybe some corned beef for dinner with.... Potatos and Cabbage ;) I have my brand new stove coming so I might just make some cookies to we shall see! Until then have a good rest of your day and I will leave you with a beautiful Vintage Irish Blessing Photo!


No comments:

Post a Comment