Thursday, March 14, 2013

St. Patricks Day. Day 2

St. Patricks Day
Day 2

So day2 was technically yesterday BUT I was a little stumped on what to talk about and our dinner wasn't extremely exciting, I will be showing you what we had though its defiantly a quick dinner that's for sure and we even had desert!

Lets start off with Dinner

We had a Reuben/Corned beef sandwiches  with a side salad


Makes 3 sandwiches 
for my corned beef sandwiches I used sesame seed hamburger buns 1 package of deli corned beef 2 slices of swiss cheese on each and some mayo. I put them all togeather and then I fried them up like you would make a grilled cheese sandwich. 

I really wanted to make Reubens with the dip etc. BUT I unfortunately didn't have all the ingredients so myself my husband and my brother had these instead and my Brother LOVED them!

Here is a picture of what mine looked like

As you can tell I flattened mine out so that we could fit them into our mouths but they were so good and juicy!

AND for desert!!


This is not my picture but it looked the same in my skillet as it does in this one! We kind of forgot about them after dinner was done so I think I might make them again tonight so we can actually try them :)

But here is the recipe (it is so easy!)

4 Bananas halved long ways
1/2 C Irish Whiskey 
1/2 C Butter
1/2 C Brown sugar 

Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar and whiskey. Bring to a boil and cook until sugar has dissolved. Add bananas to the skillet and simmer gently until bananas are tender and glazed with the syrup. Serve immediately with vanilla ice cream.

I found this recipe here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/irish-bananas/

Did you know?

St. Patrick wasn't originally known for the color Green that came along later he was originally known for the color Blue. It wasn't until everyone associated him with the Shamrock (used to explain the holy trinity) that the color Green came into play. 


Here is a beautiful little poem and come vintage clip art for your viewing pleasures.

From: http://www.freeprettythingsforyou.com

St. Patrick's Day Printables - #yesterdayontuesday #stpatricksday #stpatricksdayprintables

Copy and past the link to your URL and download these Cutie Pies for your very own vintage crafting! 
http://www.freeprettythingsforyou.com/2012/02/%E2%99%A5-freebie-image-vintage-st-patricks-day-printables-%E2%99%A5/


I haven't started any crafting yet so because I cant show you pictures of anything I've done I thought I would give you a few print outs for your wee ones to enjoy.

Just right click the image and press open Image in new tab then print screen or you can copy and past to word process and print.




^^ How cute is this!!








And there you go I hope you have fun with your Kidlets while working on these Worksheets! I know I will <3

No comments:

Post a Comment