Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter Day 3




Easter 
Day 3



I have officially started making my all Natural Easter Egg dye for Ellas Easter eggs! We are going to be Using Spinach for (hopefully) a pale green
Beets for Pink
onion peel for yellow
Red Cabbage for Blue
coffee for brown 

and with the left over liquid I will be making the finger pain (just in case she eats it ;) ) 

Here is an excellent site to learn more about naturally dyed Easter Eggs http://ecocrazymom.com/natural-easter-egg-dye/

Here is a 1950's ad I found to do with Egg dying 


Here is the recipe I will be using to make my flower sugar cookies 

IMG_2091.JPG

Dubble bubble in your Easter Basket anyone?


An Easter Egg cake ad from the 50's


... Worth trying?


Now that I have a plan for the rest of the week I thought that today I would decide on what we are all going to wear to our Easter Events Ella will need 3 pretty dresses I will need at least 2 and David will need 2 outfits 

We will all be dressed up for Good Friday (church service then come home and strip down to paint our eggs!) then again on Saturday for my side of the family's Easter Dinner and one more time on Easter Day for Church and Easter Dinner with my Husbands side of the family. I thought since I was looking for dresses and outfits for our family that I might share some beautiful Easter outfit ideas for women and little girls.

<<<<<< I love this dress it is so fresh and springy. Up here in Canada we would have to wear this with a cardigan or shawl because it is still pretty cold here.

These are not what people would wear now a days but they are so beautiful I would have a High Tea party just so I could wear one of these! >>>

I love this vintage dress I would wear it everywhere if I had this in my closet!

 This would be a cute Easter Dress as well >>>


NOW for some cute little girl dresses!



<<<<< I love these simple little dresses!









Lets just say my daughter
Is going to hate me for dressing her up all the time. Or maybe she will love being a little princess!
What a little Doll in this polka dotted dress

I really need to get my sewing machine working again! It kills me to see all of these beautiful dresses and I cant even make them... or attempt it anyways. 


How beautiful are these! I just love little dresses my problem is I look at them and figure out how I can DIY them ;) they are just so beautiful!
Polka Dots Polka Dots Polka Dots Ella will have Polka Dotted dresses!

CUTE AS A BUTTON!

Ella will be wearing a dress that I got for her before shew as born last summer at Carrot Fest in a town near by (kind of funny i got her Easter Dress at Carrot Fest LOL) anyways it is blue and white plaid and has a little bow peep kind of girl on it and daisies everywhere and her other dress is also blue and white plaid with a duckie on it and the other other on will be a vintage dress I haven't decided which one I want to use yet either a turquoise a flowery or maybe I might find something else in her big bunch of clothes. We were blessed with a whole wack of Vintage Dresses that were given to us before she was born and are all in different sizes. As she wears them I will make sure to take pictures so that I can show all of you <3

Before I go I just want to share with you one of my all time favorite blogs I read it pretty much every day! It is called the Glamorous Housewife and she just put up a post about Easter so I thought I would share this with you! 
Here is the Easter Link


I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment